Seedling Soirée 2020: ‘Social Distance-Style’
Thank You to everyone who made the Virtual Seedling Soirée 2020: Social Distance-Style possible!
This year, we took our annual fundraising gala online and created a toolkit with cocktail demonstrations, garden-inspired recipes, stories from some of Olivewood’s program participants, and even a music playlist to bring the Soirée experience to you.
May 30th, 4PM – 6PM
Live Soirée event with local chefs and Kitchenistas that you can enjoy at home!
A message from the Seedling Soirée Committee
Your support is critical to our work and makes it possible for Olivewood to develop, strengthen, and expand our garden, environmental stewardship, nutrition, healthy cooking, job skills, leadership development, and community building programs.
Our Featured Chefs:
- Chef Phil Esteban – Craft Meals SD
- Chef Christina Ng – Chinita’s Pies
- Chef Joe Pastry – WooBar and Waters Fine Foods & Catering
- Chef DJ Tangalin – Curated F & B
- Olivewood Kitchenistas
- Stop by Brew Bar in Chula Vista and receive a special discount when you mention the “Virtual Soirée” now through Sunday, 5/31
- Stop by Bivouac Ciderworks in North Park and receive a 10% discount on your entire order Wednesday, 5/27 – Sunday, 5/31 between 12PM – 8PM.
Spotify Music Playlist
Stories from the Garden
Meet Isabel, Garden-2-Kitchen High School Intern
Meet Emma, Garden-2-Kitchen High School Intern
Meet Arlene: Volunteer, Cooking for Salud participant, and future Kitchenista
Meet Giulianna: Chefcita and volunteer
We’ve got your day-of appetizers covered so you can create an elevated Soirée-like experience at home on May 30th.
Make An Impact
How you can help make an impact:
- Make a DONATION
- ‘BUY A TABLE’ – $2500 (or more) and get a tour and dinner prepared by Olivewood staff and Kitchenistas (more customized options available)
- ‘BUY A TICKET’ – $50, $100, $200, or $500 and receive a special gift from Olivewood
- BUY AN ‘AUCTION ITEM’ – Purchase an experience now!
- Olivewood Noyes House Weekend Stay for 8
- Tamale class with the Olivewood Kitchenistas for 10
- Olivewood Gardens Sail Away on the Bay for 4
- 3-Day Mammoth Stay for 6
- Cocktails & Appetizers for 15 at Olivewood Gardens
- Tijuana Tour for 4 with the International Community Foundation – SOLD OUT
- Wine Lover’s Basket – SOLD OUT
*Events will take place at a later date and will be coordinated to fit the needs and availability of the Olivewood supporter.
Seedling Soirée Music Playlist
Thank you to the awesome chefs, restaurants, and drink-makers who had committed to participating in the in-person version of this event:
- Chefs Angel y Angel of Muma Paxil
- Brew Bar
- Chef Phillip Esteban of WellFed, Craft Meal SD, and Wordsmith Bookstore
- Carmine Lopez of Mijo Catering Company
- Monte Xanic Bodega Vinícola
- Chef Christina Ng of Chinita’s Pies
- Olivewood Kitchenistas
- Chef Joe Pastry of WooBar and Waters Fine Catering and Event Design
- Chef Jeff Rossman of Terra American Bistro
- Snake Oil Cocktail Company
- Chef DJ Tangalin
- Chef Kevin Templeton of Barley Mash, The Smoking Gun SD, and Spill the Beans Coffee and Bagels
- Chef Marcus Twilegar of CraftMealsSD
- Chef Davin Waite of The PLOT Restaurant and Wrench and Rodent