Since our first Children’s Field Trip in 2010, we have grown exponentially – from serving a handful of National School District classrooms, to now providing a suite of wraparound education, access, and advocacy programs to support our community. Since 2017, our team has grown from 10 to over 20. In 2022, our participants served doubled as we began our school-based program, expanded our growing efforts, and exceeded 400 Kitchenista alumni. The desire for more Olivewood programming and partnerships has never been greater, and it’s time for our facility to evolve to meet the growing need!
Thanks to a generous lead gift and $1M match from Alumbra Innovations Fund and Builders Initiative, your gift today will be DOUBLED!
Ways to Give
There are many ways to support the Cultivating the Future campaign, and we need your help to spread the word! A few ways you can join us on this journey are to:
- Make a Donation – Cash, Check, Gift of Stock, or In-kind
- Employee Match Programs – Does your employer match donations to nonprofits? You could TRIPLE your donation with a gift today!
- Host a ‘Friend’raiser – Create a social media fundraiser or host your friends for a screening of ‘The Kitchenistas’ or a get-to-know Olivewood gathering
- Invite Us! – Invite Olivewood staff to speak about our programs at events & gatherings
- Visit the Gardens – Invite your friends, family & colleagues to Olivewood for a special tour!
CHAMPIONING HEALTH EQUITY, FOOD JUSTICE & ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP
The updates in Olivewood’s Master Property Plan will have a direct, positive impact for the community of
National City and San Diego County. These improvements include:
- Indoor/Outdoor Commercial Teaching Kitchen for food business incubator, culinary educational programs & more!
- An improved Greenhouse that increases our capacity to grow food & job skills development opportunities
- Production Buildings that support post-harvest processing, storage & office space for our growing team & programs
- Updates to our Learning Garden improving student arrival to our outdoor classroom with additional shade & signage
- Noyes House Ramp allowing for accessible entry to the Noyes House Kitchen
- International Community Foundation Courtyard to provide more meeting space
Give Today or Spread your Gift over the next 3 years!
CREATING A JUST & RESILIENT FOOD SYSTEM
- Support of economic development through food incubator & urban agriculture programs
- Maximization of property for ongoing nutrition & environmental education programs
- Increased capacity for new programs and new revenue streams
- Increased access to fresh produce for our community
- Improved space to support growing Olivewood & ICF teams
- Revitalization of natural habitats & access to outdoor spaces
BUILDING COMMUNITY & CELEBRATING CULTURE
For more information, contact Claire, at [email protected].