Volunteer with Olivewood Gardens
Become a volunteer today!
Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center is fortunate to be supported by a team of passionate and hard-working volunteers. Volunteers are not only integral to the success of our program, but they also help demonstrate to students the caring and commitment of their larger community. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about environmental education; fresh, local food; working with children; community engagement; and hands-on gardening. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
Due to COVID-19, Volunteer Opportunities and Internships will look little different while we take the necessary guidelines to keep all volunteers, interns, program participants & staff safe.
Please contact Jeni, for any questions.
- Fill out a Volunteer Application
- Review the Volunteer Manual
- Watch this Orientation Video
- Schedule a Volunteer Orientation visit
*Note: Some volunteer positions require additional training and screening before the first shift can be scheduled. Some volunteer positions also require you to speak in English.
Open Volunteer Positions
For full description & requirements for each position, see the Volunteer Manual. Shifts are between 3-5 hours depending on your availability.
- Special events/Weekend volunteer (Scheduling varies)
- May include support of cooking classes, tabling events & fundraising events
- Office Volunteer (Monday-Friday: 9AM-4:30PM)
- Support administrative tasks such as: data entry, document preparation & organization, visitor communications, content creation, etc.,
- Docent (Third Saturday on the month: 10AM-12:30PM)
- Lead property tours
- Youth Outdoor Educator (Monday-Wednesday: 8AM-2:30PM)
- Support Outdoor Education Specialist with field trip lesson set-up, delivery, student engagement, and clean up
- Garden Volunteer (Monday-Wednesday: 9AM-4:30PM)
- Support maintenance of gardens through weeding, planting, composting, assisting with bed rotations
- Youth Nutrition Educator (Monday-Wednesday: 8AM-2:30PM)
- Support Youth Nutrition Specialist with field trip lesson set-up, delivery, student engagement, and clean up
- Video Editor
- Bilingual Virtual Moderator
You can also do an internship at Olivewood!