Volunteer with Olivewood Gardens
Become a volunteer today!
Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center is fortunate to be supported by a team of passionate and hard-working volunteers. Volunteers are not only integral to the success of our program, but they also help demonstrate to students the caring and commitment of their larger community. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about environmental education; fresh, local food; working with children; community engagement; and hands-on gardening. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
Please contact Sarah, for any questions.
- Fill out a Volunteer Application
- Review the Volunteer Manual
- Our Volunteer Coordinator will email you to schedule an hour long in-person orientation at Olivewood
*Note: Some volunteer positions require additional training and screening before the first shift can be scheduled. Some volunteer positions also require you to speak in English.
Open Volunteer Positions
For full description & requirements for each position, see the Volunteer Manual. Shifts are between 3-5 hours depending on your availability.
- Special Events Volunteer (Scheduling varies)
- May include support of cooking and gardening classes, tabling events & fundraising events
- Adult Cooking Class Volunteer (Typically 3rd Saturday of the month: 3PM-6:30PM)
- Children’s Cooking & Gardening Classes (2nd and 4th Saturday of the month: 8:30AM-12:30PM & 12PM-4PM)
- Office Volunteer (Monday-Friday: 1pM-4PM)
- Support administrative tasks such as: data entry, document preparation & organization, visitor communications, content creation, etc.,
- Children’s Field Trip Program Volunteer (Monday-Wednesday: 8:30AM-2PM)
- Support Environmental Education Specialist and Nutrition Education Specialist with field trip lesson set-up, delivery, co-facilitation, student management, student engagement, and clean-up
- National School District School-Garden Lessons Volunteer (Monday-Wednesday & Friday: 8:30AM-2PM)
- Support on school-based Environmental Education Specialist with lesson set-up, delivery, co-facilitation, student management, student engagement, and clean-up
- Garden Volunteer (Monday-Friday: 9AM-3PM)
- Support maintenance of gardens through weeding, planting, composting, assisting with bed rotations
You can also do an internship at Olivewood!