Fun & Easy Frozen Banana Treats
- 6 bananas
- 1/2 Cup semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate chips broken into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp coconut or canola oil
- hemp hearts, granola toasted coconut flakes, crushed nuts or seeds optional
- Line a tray with parchment paper. Peel bananas, cut into desired size, and insert popsicle sticks for holding. Place cut bananas on the prepared tray and place in freezer for about 30 minutes.
- !!While bananas are in the freezer, place chocolate and oil in a microwavable safe bowl (or double boiler) and microwave in 20 second increments until chocolate is melted. Be careful not to overheat the chocolate.
- Dip bananas in melted chocolate using the popsicle stick handle, then roll gently into the topping of choice. Return to the freezer until fully frozen.Enjoy!
Fun things you can try:
- Make your banana slices as big or as little as you like!
- Don't limit yourself to bananas - frozen mango, peach, pineapple, or apricot slices dipped in chocolate will taste delicious, and help you make the most of summer produce.
- Making these pops is a fun and delicious way to have fun in the kitchen with kids of all ages.
- Try adding cinnamon, cayenne, cardamom, or other spices to your melted chocolate for next level flavor.